We understand sending your child to camp is a big decision and we take our responsibility to care for your child very seriously. Our commitment to meeting every child’s needs underlies everything we do at Forest Cliff.
Ensuring a safe and meaningful camp experience is the top priority of every member of our staff team.
Our rigorous staff selection process leads us to the best possible staff member for every position. Our specialized training programs ensure that each staff member is equipped to give every child an amazing camp experience.
Background checks, multiple references, a face-to-face interview, and over 100 hours of training allow us to assemble a capable and caring staff team every summer!
Every aspect of camp is purposely designed to meet your child where they are and safely challenge them in their developmental and spiritual growth.
Behaviour Management - our priority is to ensure that all campers at Day Camp have a safe and positive experience. Leadership staff at Day Camp are skilled and experienced in handling behavioural concerns. If issues arise, we evaluate the situation and act appropriately. You can expect us to communicate regularly with you if any such concerns arise.
Our counsellors find that special thing that makes each child unique and they nurture and celebrate it. With this in mind, a counselor’s purpose is to be a great role model, build relationships with campers, and make sure they are well taken care of and included at camp!
Day Camp Home
YOUR CHILD IS OUR #1 PRIORITY
Committed to Caring for your Child. We have carefully prepared our staff to provided the safest experience possible at Day Camp. Here are just a few of the care policies we have:
day camp home
- Covid-19 - Health and safety protocols will be updated regularly in alignment with current direction from the Public Health Unit overseeing our Day Camp location as well as the Province of Ontario.
Campers will be screened for symptoms prior to arrival, which will be recorded and kept on record for purposes of contact tracing. In order to minimize contact, a new drop-off and pick-up system will be in place, including physical distancing and outdoor procedures. Forest Cliff will continue to ensure that your campers are safe during this process.
Our Day Camp staff will also be keeping daily records of anyone entering the program setting, to allow for contact tracing in the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case or outbreak. This includes campers, staff and anyone deemed an essential visitor.
Our Day Camp staff will be required to complete a daily health screening and will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as required by guidelines. Physical distancing within camper groups will be encouraged, with the exception of staff interventions for behaviour management and issuing first aid.
Per current Provincial guidelines, all campers must wear masks when indoors. Campers with respiratory conditions, or campers with special needs who may experience difficulty wearing a mask for extended periods, may be exempt from this.
Forest Cliff will continue to use additional strategies to meet provincial guidelines and public health regulations to keep our Day Camp experience safe and fun!
Protocols will be in place if a camp participant begins to show new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19 while at camp, including immediate notification to the parent or guardian and the need for immediate pick-up. The camp participant will await in an isolation area, with a staff member, until pick-up. A parent or guardian or emergency contact will be required to pick up their camper within one hour of receiving notification.
- Hydration - we take scheduled breaks for campers to get drinks and stay hydrated. Campers have to bring their own water bottles each day!
- Frequent Hand Washing - including before and after activities and meal times.
- Sunscreen - campers apply generously & regularly throughout the day. Campers have to bring their own sunscreen each day!
- Health & Allergy Concerns - we take allergy and health concerns seriously. Our Day Camp is Peanut/Nut Free. We stringently require that campers bring peanut/nut free morning snacks & lunches and we check during the day. A pre-packaged, afternoon snack is provided by Forest Cliff each day that is Peanut/Nut Free. Campers with additional allergies are encouraged to bring their own snacks from home to be safe!
- Supervision - our counsellors are instructed to always keep their campers close so that no camper is ever alone. 2 assigned counsellors are with each group, campers travel together and we never leave the day camp site. All staff help to supervise - Head Counsellors, Area Leader Activity Staff, Administration, Directors and Media Staff - we all assist our assigned counsellors!
- Bathroom Policy - we reserve camper only bathrooms at each site. Our staff are never alone with any campers and campers always travel to the bathroom in pairs.
- Weather Day Activities - we have a game plan for rain/extreme heat! We monitor the weather throughout the day and adjust quickly and safely!
- First Aid Response - we provide First Aid Training to our staff and we keep a fully stocked First Aid Kit for minor injuries.
- Prescribed Medications - upon arrival at Day Camp, all medications will be dropped off to our Day Camp Administrator and a medical form is reviewed. All medication must be in its original prescription packaging to be administered by our Administrator as per the prescription instructions.